The Battle of Socials
TikTok vs. Instagram Reels
Many social media platforms are replicating the exact mission that other social media platforms have started. As users, we get to decide which ones are worthwhile and make our time stand still.
Some people may use TikTok as their platform of poison while others may use Instagram reels as theirs.
Many times the same content is being distributed, but the way people are engaging with that content certainly has its differences.
We at Redd Legend are on a mission to crack the code on what capturing your target audience's eye on social platforms can do for your business professionally, authentically, and most importantly ethically.
TikTok - Pros and Cons
#TikTok has been on the rise for years now and it is not slowing down anytime soon.
- The TikTok algorithm simply cannot be beat by any other social platforms.
- Creating videos generates more engagement.
- It is easy to distribute a lot of information in a short amount of time.
- The community is very strong on TikTok. Not only will you connect with your target audience, but you can build a loyal fan base.
- Videos can be up to 3 minutes.
- Fighting the TikTok algorithm is a real battle, so be ready to work for those views.
- Keeping your content monetized is extremely important if you are looking to generate stable cash flow.
- Balancing content marketing vs. branded content is a big task to execute and monitor.
- If your target audience is not on TikTok then you simply will not be seen.
- People often like to see you sticking to the trends and not adding any of your own twists.
Instagram - Pros and Cons
Instagram is a great place for you to build meaningful relationships for your business.
- This content is primarily for showcasing your businesses services or products.
- There is a higher chance for people to head to your website .
- Creating trust between you and your clients is higher on Instagram.
- Videos can be up to 90 seconds, but typically the shorter the video the higher performance it will have.
- Reels are a great way to increase your organic reach.
- The engagement rate is typically lower depending on your target audience.
- Most of your content will be controlled by the algorithm, so it could take longer for your content to get seen.
- Many trends blow up on Instagram after they have blown up on TikTok.
- Business accounts do not have access to as much music.
- You can't promote Instagram reels.
As a social media manager, I encourage you and your business to find your niche on each platform. Once you find the primary platform that works for you and your team I encourage you to focus on staying consistent, creative and authentic to what you do. That is what will lead your social media to breakthroughs.
These platforms are great for you to find a social media presence and create a trustworthy community for your clients.
As you build your social presence, remember your purpose behind what you do and why you do it.
At the end of the day, this battle to thrive on socials is one that is worth the fight and will increase your reputation and revenue!
If you need a team behind you to help you win the fight to get your business seen and heard, please reach out to us. We would be more than happy to help guide this journey and implement a compelling strategy for your business.
Click https://reddlegend.as.me/strategy-30 to schedule a free 30-minute strategy session call with us!